Just like 2020, the end of support for Windows 7 is fast approaching and many small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are making the transition to Windows 10. For some, using this new operating system (OS) may seem scary at first, but what they need to understand is that Windows 10 is faster and more efficient compared to Windows 7. This OS comes with a variety of features that can help you and your employees be more productive in the coming year.
The problem is, most of these features are practically unknown to most users. This article will show you 10 tips and tricks to fully utilize these Windows 10 features.
- Using tablet mode – Windows 10 was designed to adjust its look and feel based on the device you're using?. It can display its full screen metro interface in touch mode if you’re working on a tablet and its traditional desktop interface when you’re working on a PC. There’s also a way you can use the tablet mode view on your PC, just follow these steps.
- Click on the Action Center icon on the Taskbar or use four fingers to swipe on the touchpad.
- Click on the Enable Tablet Mode option and you’re good to go.
- Win + Left Arrow Key – Snaps apps to the left side
- Win + Right Arrow Key – Snaps apps to the right side
- Win + Left Arrow Key and Win + Up Arrow Key – Snaps to the upper-left area
- Win + Right Arrow Key and Win + Up Arrow Key – Snaps to the upper-right area
- Win + Left Arrow Key and Win + Down Arrow Key – Snaps to the lower-left area
- Win + Right Arrow Key and Win + Down Arrow Key – Snaps to the lower-right area
- Go to Settings > Devices.
- Choose Mouse & Touchpad > Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them.
- Click on the Task View button found on the Taskbar.
- Press the Win + Tab buttons together.
- Swipe the trackpad with three fingers.
- Click on the Task View button.
- Click on the New Desktop icon to create a new virtual desktop.
- Click on the new desktop you just created and open up a couple of apps.
- Click on the Task View button again and open Desktop 1. This will instantly hide all the apps you opened on Desktop 2.
- Scrolling – This can be done by sliding two of your fingers vertically or horizontally.
- Zooming in and out – Just pinch the touchpad in or out.
- Right-clicking – Tap the touchpad with two fingers.
- Open Cortana > Settings.
- Choose the option Let Cortana respond to Hey Cortana, and you're all set.
These useful hacks will allow you and your employees to maximize the features of Windows 10 OS to increase office productivity. If you’re looking to upgrade your company’s computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, just give us a call today. Our expert technicians will handle every step of the migration process to ensure your business operations are not disrupted.